The Outreach Committee's mission is to connect Little Dolphins with the greater community and world through age-appropriate community service.
Our events have included:
- A Harvest Sale in October that benefits the World Wildfire Fund.
- Spark of Love Toy Drive, sponsored (and picked up) by the Santa Monica Fire Department, in December.
- In February, with extra World Wildlife stuffed animals bought with the proceeds from the Harvest Sale, we assemble care packages for Project Night, providing a blanket, book, and stuffed animal to homeless children in Los Angeles shelters.
- In March, we facilitate a Toms shoe painting party for African play costumes to benefit children worldwide without shoes, through Toms' buy a pair, give a pair campaign.
Outreach accomplishments this year include:
- Back to school supply drive for Communities in Schools
- Nov - Thanksgiving food drive for Westside Food Banks
- Dec - Toy Drive for Happy Trails
- Feb/Mar - baby supplies for Harvest Home
- Ongoing: Baby2Baby bins, Altruist boxes for educating the kids about giving back, discussions in the classroom about the larger community and how we can help others