Grand celebrations and auctions
SPRING FUNDRAISER ANNOUNCEMENT
Little Dolphins Community -- we are more proud than ever to be a part of this magical community. Amidst rising cases and nationwide school shutdowns, we were able to open our doors for in-person and virtual instruction in August 2021 and stay open the entire school year. No expense was spared in upgrading our facilities to exceed Covid safety recommendations and adding more trees, sails and umbrellas to enhance our grounds and provide students more space and opportunities to learn. Our teachers and our Pre-School Director Daniel provided a sense of normalcy and safety to the students and parents alike during the most unprecedented and unpredictable time in the history of our school.
In a normal year, our fundraising presence would be more active. We’d have a beautiful book fair, a big evening Spring Fundraiser at an upscale venue, party books and other fundraising initiatives. This school year, however, in an effort to continue keeping our community safe, we’ve decided to forgo all of our typical fundraising events. And last school year, our board and fundraising committing unanimously decided to cancel our Annual Fundraiser in honor and respect of the Black Lives Matter movement. Which is why, this year more than ever, Little Dolphins needs your help with the overwhelming costs of staying open during the pandemic.
A Recap Summary on our Community Fundraisers from 2019-2021:
We’ve cancelled our Annual Fundraiser for the last two school years which has greatly impacted our operating capital
70 cents of every tuition dollar goes directly towards TEACHER’S SALARIES
20 cents of every tuition dollar goes directly towards RENT
The remaining 10 cents of every tuition dollar goes towards teacher and staff health insurances, building and grounds improvements, infrastructure, Zoom costs, the list goes on.
Our expenses to stay open this entire school year and go above-and-beyond the countless safety mandates required by the law, the state and the county, but also by doctors, third-party safety advisors and the board was tremendous. The expanded faculty and recognize that COVID-19 has greatly impacted our school’s ability to make money. These things alone have stretched our budget in ways that make your donations to this SPRING FUND even more crucial.
If you can be so kind, please submit your donation or pledge to our SPRING FUND by June 1, 2022. Online donations can be done via cell phone, tablet or computer, using this link: http://littledolphins.org/giving. This secure portal accepts major credit cards and/or bank account donations. We would like to suggest a donation amount if $1,000 per student in an effort to help us reach our fundraising goal of $90,000.
What’s most important is the participation. We are striving for 100% participation from our families for our SPRING FUND. If any of our current or incoming families, cannot meet the suggested contribution, please give what you can. If you are able to exceed the suggested amount, of course we welcome your generosity. Your contribution is an invaluable component to our school surviving during this pandemic. Every donation matters and is truly appreciated.
Payments securely processed by Authorize.net.
Your donations to our SPRING FUND go directly toward:
- ♦ Recovering the costs/necessary expenditures for a Covid safe school year
- ♦ Providing comprehensive financial aid to qualifying families
- ♦ Offering parallel and dedicated in-person and virtual instruction
- ♦ Increased faculty (a teacher’s assistant has been added to each class)
- ♦ Full-time cleaning crew, plus additional disinfecting supplies
- ♦ Significant building modifications to accommodate smaller class sizes and more classrooms, including increased ventilation and roof modification allowing for better temperature control with the new need for regularly opened doors and windows
- ♦ Securing and installing the new structure from which to hang the sails needed to shade the outdoor classrooms
- ♦ Portable sinks and other safety components for frequent hand washing
- ♦ Regular COVID-19 testing for the teachers and administrative staff
- ♦ Personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff and non-contact thermometers
- ♦ Additional technology to be able to support distance learning for those students who are in need of this option
- ♦ The installation of additional mature olive trees to create natural shade, allowing for more children to be in outside classrooms
- ♦ Construction of the Zen garden, which provides a tranquil space for students
- ♦ Extra art materials
While we can’t wait to be sitting around the circle with all of our little Dolphins and their parents in the near future or dancing the night away at our annual Spring Fundraiser, for now please know that Little Dolphins is doing everything they can to establish normalcy and enforce the highest level of safety for your little ones and families. We appreciate your donations - every dollar does count and we look forward to gathering in a safe manner during our Spring Fundraiser week this coming May.
- Little Dolphins by the Sea Fundraising Committee
Payments securely processed by Authorize.net.